Prizes include cash; the opportunity to demo your winning application at a Nokia specified event this Fall; and "Spotlight" placement featuring your winning application on Nokia's newly announced Ovi Store, where consumers will find the best mobile applications and content for their Nokia devices.
We challenge mobile and web application developers worldwide to submit entries in three categories:
Calling on web developers to transform consumer-focused ideas into real applications on Nokia devices using technologies that include Nokia Web Runtime, XHTML, CSS, Java Script, AJAX, widgets and other standards-based web technologies.
Challenging creative developers and designers to build compelling applications that expand the capabilities and user benefits of Flash Lite on Nokia devices.
Emerging Markets and Mobile Necessities
Urging developers to create innovative applications across mobile technology platforms – ranging from SMS through Series 40 and S60 device platforms. All applications will be considered, including those developed using Java, Python, or open source.
Apps on Maps
The ‘Apps on Maps’ contest category (‘Apps on Maps Contest’), brought to you by Nokia Corporation (‘Sponsor’), is in addition to official Calling all Innovator rules (‘Official Rules’) also governed by these additional Contest-specific rules (‘Apps on Maps Rules’).
The Contest begins at noon Eastern Time (‘EST’) on Tuesday 28 April 2009 and ends at 12:00:00 PM EST on Tuesday 30 June 2009 (the ‘Apps on Maps Contest Period’).
Each contest category has been refined to provide you with additional guidance about the types of applications that the judges will be expecting to see.
All entries must be submitted by midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on 30 June 2009, so get started right away!
Here’s what you do to get started:
1. Decide which category best fits your skills and interests, and then get the needed tools, documentation, and other support from Forum Nokia. It’s free to join, and when you become a member of Forum Nokia, you can make the most of Nokia's extensive development, testing, signing, go to market, and community resources.
2. Create your application or widget -- or optimise your website -- for Nokia mobile devices.
3. Submit your best work to the Calling All Innovators contest before the deadline at midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on 30 June 2009.
The Contest judging
The Contest Judging is done in two parts.
In the first part, 10 entrants with the most promising ideas are winners to be selected to continue to the second and final round. These 10 selected entrants are given access to Nokia’s Ovi Maps private beta environment to develop their ideas. Since Nokia’s beta environment is Nokia’s confidential information including valuable trade secrets, the chosen 10 are required to sign a Nokia non-disclosure agreement before access can be granted.
The 10 winners of the first round will be announced on 1 July 2009.
The second part begins on 1 July 2009 at 12:00:00 AM EST and ends on 30 August 2009 12:00:00 PM EST.
We are looking for innovative ideas for location-aware services on Maps, which may be developed into apps that meet the following criteria:
* 25% uniqueness/creativity (innovativeness)
* 25% ease of use/design (superior UI/graphical design)
* 25% quality/functionality (applications must be fully functional on a Nokia device)
* 25% on commercial viability/market potential
The top three submissions will receive cash and prizes that include:
* Grand Prize winner: $30,000 USD in cash
* 2nd Place: $15,000 USD in cash
* 3rd Place: $10,000 USD in cash
In addition, the winning applications will be reviewed by Nokia for possible distribution via Nokia’s newly announced Ovi Store.
The winners will be announced at a Nokia-specified event no later than 31 December 2009.
Prizes may be substituted by the sponsor for items of equal or greater ARV.
Full details about the competition can be found in the official rules.
Submit your entry now.
nb: ntar versi bahasa Indonesianya yah..